Closing Date: 9 February 2018
Shortlisting: 12 February 2018
Interviews: 27 and 28 February 2018
Start Date: 1 September 2018
Contract: Full time, permanent
St Mary Magdalene Church of England Primary School is a popular and oversubscribed school in Sutton in Ashfield, which stands at the heart of its community. The school values and celebrates its Christian distinctiveness placing it at the heart of all its work. This has been endorsed by a second consecutive outstanding judgement in its recent SIAMS inspection. It has a strong and committed staff team who are keen to move onto the next stage in its journey. The school benefits from enthusiastic and supportive parents.
St Mary’s is looking for a headteacher who will:
- provide inspirational leadership, placing children at the centre of all of the school’s work;
- value children’s outcomes and promote their life-chances so that they can all realise their potential
- motivate and support staff at all levels, ensuring that the quality of teaching is constantly improving
- promote and develop the Christian distinctiveness of the school;
- engage with parents, the local community and the church to build on the already high levels of interest and commitment;
- strategically lead the school, through changes where necessary, holding a clear vision for the development of the school and drive continuous improvements;
- be an active and innovative leader within the Multi Academy Trust, seeking opportunities to share and promote the best practice wherever possible
- be an exceptional teacher, able to lead by example to develop teaching and learning and children’s outcomes across the range of subjects;
This is an exciting time to join the Diocese of Southwell & Nottingham Multi Academy Trust (SNMAT):
- You will be part of SNMAT’s senior leadership team, working with headteachers in partner academies to drive improvement and share good practice.
- You will have access to a range of exciting opportunities for school leaders and teachers to develop expertise.
- SNMAT is expanding steadily in both primary and secondary phases: We regard school improvement work as our core purpose, set within framework based on Christian values.
- SNMAT cherishes the unique identity of each partner academy, recognising that schools need to reflect their context and community.
- are looking forward to working with a headteacher who will make a difference to the lives of the children at St Mary’s and across SNMAT’s partner academies.
If you consider that this is the opportunity for you, we would love to hear from you.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged – please contact 01623 464246 to arrange a time that is convenient on Friday 26 January, Thursday 1 February or Friday 2 February.
Further details and an application pack is available from the Diocese of Southwell and Nottingham MAT website www.snmat.org.uk or e-mail Jo.Smith@snmat.org.uk