Vacancy: Grade 3 Teaching Assistant
32.5 hours per week, term time only
Temporary until 31 August 2021
Actual FTE salary: £14285
The governors of this happy and successful school are seeking to appoint a Grade 3 Teaching Assistant with a passion for education and a commitment to the Christian ethos of the school. This post has arisen as a result of the government catch up funding for 2020-21. Applications are invited from suitably qualified teaching assistants who would like to be part of a hardworking, talented and friendly team. They should be able to demonstrate the ability to deliver effective ‘catch up’ interventions to individuals and small groups, supporting the school to address the impact of COVID19 closures on our pupils’ learning. This will include providing remote provision using technology. The school’s first priority is to appoint the ‘right person’ to match the ethos and the high expectations of this school.
Our school can offer you:
- well-motivated and happy children;
- a caring and supportive staff team;
- a friendly and well-informed governing body;
- excellent professional development opportunities;
- strong links with the parish, local community and partnerships with educational establishments further afield.
We are looking for someone who:
- is enthusiastic, caring and resilient;
- has high standards and expectations of children’s achievement and behaviour;
- can provide a stimulating, safe and happy learning environment;
- is experienced in delivering small group and 1:1 interventions;
- can evidence positive impact on the outcomes of pupils they’ve worked with;
- is competent using a range of IT;
- is reflective, striving for continual improvement;
- has excellent interpersonal skills, a good sense of humour and enjoys being part of a friendly and supportive team;
- is willing to make a wider contribution to the life of the school;
- fully supports and upholds the Christian ethos of the school.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and would expect anyone joining our school to share the same ethos. All candidates are subject to safer recruitment procedures. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed, though during the current situation, these can only be facilitated on a one to one basis and all visitors are asked to wear a mask. We are also able to hold remote tours. The school can be flexible on dates and times; please contact the school office via email to book a place. Application forms and further details are available via email firstname.lastname@example.org or from our website: www.stmarymagdaleneprimary.co.uk.
The closing date for applications is Monday 1st February @ 9am.