What is the Early Years Foundation Stage?
Every child deserves the best possible start in life and the support that enables them to fulfill their potential. Children develop quickly in the early years and a child’s early experiences have a major impact on their future life chances. Our Reception Class is part of the Early years Foundation Stage.
Four guiding principles should shape practice in early years settings. These are:
- Every child is a unique child, who is constantly learning and can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured;
- Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships;
- Children learn and develop well in enabling environments, in which their experiences respond to their individual needs and there is a strong partnership between practitioners and parents and/or carers; and
- Children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates.
Areas of Learning
Your child will mostly be taught through play, alongside focussed adult-led tasks. The areas of learning are:
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
More information on our curriculum can be found by clicking the links below.