Teaching and Learning
At St Mary’s C of E Primary School, we have created four bespoke principles for teaching and learning in our school and these are embedded into our daily practice. These are: communicative, creative, progressive and reflective.
Through the policies below, we aim to:
- embed an agreed range of high quality practice across the school
- ensure consistency throughout the school
- provide a unified focus for monitoring learning and classroom practice
- ensure that the needs of pupils are met
- continually improve and enhance the quality of teaching and learning
- ensure that pupils are receiving a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum, meeting the needs of our children
- ensure that teaching is appropriately differentiated for all pupils
- establish targets for improvement
- enhance the professional development of staff.
Quality assurance is strategically planned and undertaken by all leaders across school. The following documents support the quality assurance process and ensure that leaders' work is consistent and of high quality.